Human Resource Manager
Marathon Staffing is seeking experienced candidates for a Direct Hire, Human Resource Manager position available immediately in Union City, CA!!
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partnering with the plant’s leaders on human resource issues and proactively developing plans to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities.
• Managing the administration of the plant’s various processes and programs in alignment with company policies and practices. This includes recruiting, employee relations, dispute resolution, and annual merit reviews & performance management while ensuring effectiveness, equity, fairness and compliance.
• Providing oversight of all Affirmative Action Plans and related postings and resolutions.
• Handling all matters regarding employee relations on a timely and proactive basis while keeping management informed as appropriate.
• Proactively manage manpower planning and ensure effective staffing area employees.
• Developing and scheduling employee communication activities to foster positive attitudes toward company goals and strategic activities.
• Identify and abide by legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
• Appropriately handling inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
• Managing records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, safety and sexual harassment.
• Working with Managers on employee development, talent management, compensation, personnel and other strategic business issues.
• Overseeing on-boarding and training of new employees.
• Conducting wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
• Participating in the implementation and utilization of continuous improvement strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelors Degree in HR, Business, and/or Industrial Relations or equivalent is preferred. PHR certification is a plus. Also requires a minimum 7 years of solid HR experience in a fast paced union manufacturing environment is required.
• Foundational knowledge on HR subjects such as benefits, compensation, performance management, employment compliance knowledge, succession planning, employee retention, recruiting, team building, and employee relations is desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Prefer bilingual in Spanish and English.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meeting all agreed deadlines.
• Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
• Working knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act, EEOC, ADA, AAP, and other related federal, state, and local labor laws is required.
• Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint software.
• Be capable of implementing corporate-based human resources initiatives, proacting, practical, creative and technically competent.
• Possess exceptional integrity and honesty along with considerable skills in communicating to the many constitutes that must be served throughout the plant and the company.
• Must be available for some business travel
Hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday; however, overtime may be requested or required.
Pay range is $90K to $110K annually, depending on experience. Great benefits package upon full time hire including 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, and more!
Interested candidates should forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!!! To apply online, visit us at http://www.mwebconcepts.com/seekers/register?officeId=57 and start an application!
Marathon Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View other jobs in:
Painter$ (CAC) in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 12/02/2022
Payroll Specialist in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 11/30/2022
First Shift! Forklift Operators (CAC) in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 11/30/2022
Senior Account Clerk in
Temporary :: Accounting :: 11/28/2022
Laborers (CAC) in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 11/25/2022
Union City CA :: Direct Hire :: 11/14/2022
Human Resource Manager
Union City CA :: Direct Hire :: 11/03/2022