NY State Sales Manager
Marathon Staffing is seeking dynamic Sales Manager candidates for a client looking to cover sales in New York State!
Sales Managers are responsible for the marketing, specification, and sale of pressure pipe and other pipe related products throughout New York State.
1. Implements the marketing strategy for pressure pipe, fittings and all client products, establishes new accounts, negotiates new contracts, sells and services established accounts, customers and end users.
2. Builds and maintains internal and external customer relationships, including but not limited to direct customers, end users, design engineers and firms, municipal engineers, specifiers, etc.
3. Comprehends, masters, and deploys industry knowledge, product knowledge and expertise (both client and competitors) and continues to educate and promote the industry, company, and products.
4. Continues, expands and fine tunes personal knowledge, experience, expertise of marketing, products, selling tools and techniques.
5. Solves problems involving customer relations, complaints, data analysis of competitive products and competitors, marketing strategy, bidding, pricing and distribution channels.
6. Prepares and delivers demonstrations and presentations, and converts competitive product specifications to client only.
7. Manages and controls fiscal sales office expenses within budget guidelines and parameters.
8. Utilizes the Market Manager Program and specification program to ensure complete, accurate, and timely information and actions on the Sales Office markets, projects, follow-up, etc.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager, including but not limited to, competitive product research, field site investigations and installations, sales reports, and target account reports and action plans.
Scope Data/Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• The employee will be working “on-road” 75% -85% business travel, heavy at times. However, it will require some business travel to the various pipe plants, thus exposing the employee to Foundry operations. The employee will be exposed (very briefly) to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat & Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
• The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, Walking, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing, and Sitting. The majority of the actions will be sitting. Also, the ability to practice “defensive” driving techniques is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
• Requires a minimum of a BS in Business, Management, Marketing, or Engineering, (Engineering degree preferred) or the equivalent of five years continuous direct industry selling experience, preferably in marketing, selling and/or customer service.
• Five years experience demonstrating mastery of selling the company’s products and managing complex sales orders and who contribute to training less experience sales personnel. Must effectively produce results within the entire sales region.
• Advanced computer skills required including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Excellent presentation skills and demeanor needed as well as excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Ability to be effective with multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work with a high degree of independence and discipline.
• Must have good communication skills and be able to motivate others.
• Good knowledge of company products, sales, and product distribution channels and inside sales processes preferred.
Annual salary is $100K to $115K, with 20% commission and $500/month car allowance!! Great benefits include 401K, Health Savings Account, and more!
Interested candidates should forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!!
Marathon Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2 Chase Corporate Dr Suite 200, Hoover, AL 35244
For more information about this position, call Kerrie L Carrera at 205-263-8561
View other jobs in: