Accounting Coordinator I
Job DescriptionMarathon Staffing has an immediate Accountant position to work at one of Nevada's largest government employers. This position requires that you pass a thorough criminal background/fingerprinting.
This position functions to prepare and review the Comprehensive Annual Financial
Report (CAFR), act as a liaison between auditors, and coordinate annual CAFR audits.
The position will also coordinate the reconciliation of the general ledger and the budget
with the Budget Department, coordinate and manage accounting functions, and supervise activities of assigned staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Analyzes general ledger records, initiates appropriate adjustments,
and ensures the timely reconciliation of receipts and disbursements with
2. Monitors, reviews, and analyzes funds.
3. Prepares, reviews, and analyzes annual financial statements.
4. Reviews and approves monthly postings and journal entries.
5. Prepares year-end schedules.
6. Prepares payroll.
7. Compiles financial information for administrative use.
8. Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
1. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and
procedures; Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB); and Financial
Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
2. Knowledge of general accounting, budget, and business functions
3. Knowledge of District policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of state standards and requirements.
5. Knowledge of budget preparation.
6. Knowledge of office applications.
7. Knowledge of financial and budget analysis techniques.
8. Knowledge of fixed assets and credit card procedures.
9. Knowledge of accounts payable processes and policies.
10. Knowledge of school banking processes and procedures.
11. Ability to prepare comprehensive notes/financial and statistical reports.
12. Ability to research and analyze statistical data.
Education and Training
An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting,
Licenses and Certifications
1. Satisfactory service in corresponding or related positions, or five (5) years of
successful supervisory experience related to the administrative position.
2. Three (3) years’ experience in governmental accounting and/or financial
Certified public accountant (CPA) or masters of business administration (MBA).
Marathon Staffing offers employees direct deposit, health insurance, dental, life insurance and more.
For immediate consideration, please complete an online application on our website at https://www.mwebconcepts.com/seekers/application.go or call 702-307-1320
Marathon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact UsNVLas Vegas
6785 S Eastern Ave, Suite 2, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Fax Number: 702-307-1324
For more information about this position, email Damary M Jacobs
View other jobs in:
Production Operator in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 07/06/2022
Traffic Directional (LV) in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 07/05/2022
Administrative Assistant II in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 07/01/2022
Parks Maintenance Worker in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 06/30/2022
Administrative Assistant I in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 06/23/2022