Job DescriptionTest Engineer
Marathon has a client that is the largest defense contractor looking to hire a Test Engineer in Alpharetta, GA.
We are hiring during Covid-19.
As a member of the Special Test Equipment design team, responsibilities will include design and automation of test and measurement systems for testing and characterization of complex military avionics displays. In addition, the position will include collaboration with other scientists, engineers, and management to analyze test data, generate visualizations, and create reports.
Design, develop, and debug software applications for control/automation of test and measurement equipment using NI LabVIEW and TestStand. Continuous improvement of stimulus/response measurement algorithms, techniques and reporting to improve quality and reduce overall test times. Consult with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate measurement techniques and corresponding measurement data as they relate to operational performance requirements of new products. Organize, analyze, and interpret large data sets from varying sources using automation where feasible. Develop reports from this data to represent and communicate product performance.
• Develop special test equipment (STE) software design specifications and test requirements
• Conduct preliminary design review of STE software design architecture
• Identify STE hardware and software required to meet specification requirements
• Identify and develop documentation that defines communication protocols from STE to device under test
• Develop STE software architecture requirements that provide a hardware abstraction layer for lower level interfaces with commercial and custom hardware defined in the STE specifications.
• Conduct critical design review of STE software design architecture
• Assist in the identification and procurement of STE components
• Develop STE software
• Assist in the development of acceptance test procedures
• Support STE design verifications
• Prepare associated STE documentation and software in support of configuration management activities
• Participate in proposal preparation for STE design activities
• Manage and track STE development tasks in support of EVMS activities
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (5-8 years of experience designing complex test equipment preferred) or Masters/PhD degree (3-6 years of experience preferred) from an ABET accredited university or equivalent experience.
• National Instruments CLA/CTA with 8+ years of experience using NI tools (LabVIEW, TestStand) , PXI chassis and 3rd party, box-level hardware.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Strong work ethic and strong leadership skills with solid communication, interpersonal management and relationship building skills being a must.
• Strong technical, analytical and critical thinking / reasoning skills.
• Applies engineering theories/concepts/principles to achieve technical specifications and objectives. Completes assignments and projects within a set schedule. Works effectively in a team environment.
• Works with other disciplines to support goals of the business. Possesses foresight in identifying future problems and proposes potential solutions to the team (proactive).
• Background in a military electronics manufacturing environment.
• Strong Office tool skills along with a general instrumentation hardware and software knowledge.
• Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
If interested in this position, please apply to this post for immediate consideration.
Marathon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact UsAdairsville GA
270 Lake Johnson Road SE, Adairsville, GA 30103
For more information about this position, call Leigh Ann Scaglione at 470-476-0080
View other jobs in:
MIG Welder in
Temporary :: Trades Person :: 11/24/2020
General Labor in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 11/24/2020
Fork Lift Operator in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 11/24/2020
Test Engineer in
Temporary :: Trades Person :: 11/20/2020
PALLET BUILDER in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 11/18/2020
Newnan GA :: Temporary :: 11/24/2020
Alpharetta GA :: Temporary :: 11/20/2020
Rowesville SC :: Temporary :: 10/21/2020
Thornton CA :: Temporary :: 10/16/2020
Union City CA :: Temporary :: 09/28/2020
Union City CA :: Temporary :: 08/25/2020
Marlborough MA :: Temporary :: 08/21/2020
2nd Shift, General Laborers
Union City CA :: Temporary :: 07/21/2020