Job DescriptionMarathon Staffing is currently hiring a Crisis Counselor Lead/Supervisor to work for one of our Government clients in the North Eastern portion of Nevada. Including Winnemucca, Elko and Fernley.
This assignment is for up to 1 year
*Applicants must be able to pass a thorough criminal background check**
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) implements the Crisis Counseling Program (CCP) as a supplemental assistance programs to States and Territories. The mental health assistance and training activities are provided in areas which have been Presidentially declared a disaster. Community partners are provided funds from the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public and Behavioral Health to hire Community Crisis Counselors to provide support and education to individuals in need or in crisis. Counselors provide advocacy and crisis intervention as needed. This position does not require any specific certifications or licensure. All training is provided.
FEMA and SAMHSA have developed a series of standardized CCP training modules for crisis counselors. These required trainings teach crisis counselors about individual and community reactions to disaster, prepare them to deliver crisis counseling services, inform them about CCP procedures and data collection, and provide them with techniques to manage their own stress. In addition to FEMA and SAMHSA training, selected candidates will also be provided training in Psychological First Aid and Confidentially training through trusted partners. Training will be provided via webinars or videos. Contact will occur electronically or in compliance with the COVID-19 recommendations. Applicants will not diagnose or treat mental illness. Crisis education assesses strengths and coping skills and has a psycho-educational focus. No personal health information is collected. May be located within health district, with aging outreach, youth or child program, or nonprofit service provider, etc.
Key Responsibilities (All training :
• Works with individuals, families, and groups to provide outreach, emotional support, individual and group crisis counseling, public education, and referrals when needed.
• Promote the use or development of coping strategies.
• Connect those impacted by the COVID-19 with people or agencies that can support recover.
• Provides linkage to presentations or education materials on disaster reactions, coping skills, stress management, and the disaster response program.
• Data collection.
• Assessment, referral, and resources.
• Basic supportive or educational contact.
• Individual and group counseling.
• Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community resources.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
• Ability to pass a criminal or background check (required)
• Skill in operation of a personal computer to effectively input and retrieve data or access internet. (required).
• Able to communicate effectively and demonstrate a positive, respectful regard for client. (required)
• Some college credits or previous social, health, criminal justice, workforce, or community program experience (desirable)
• Bilingual encouraged to apply.
• Those with previous experience with an at-risk adult population encouraged to apply (children, aging, other).
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand, bend, kneel, navigate steps or use appropriate accommodations, be able to sit for periods for hours at a time, have access to internet.
**Marathon is an equal opportunity employer**
Job Type: Temporary
Contact UsCarson City/Reno
769 Basque Way, Suite 100, Carson City, NV 89706
Fax Number: 775-200-0929
For more information about this position, email Paul C Lenning
View other jobs in:
Program Officer I in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 09/16/2020
Crisis Counselor Lead/Supervisor in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 09/14/2020
Crisis Counselor in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 09/09/2020
Management Analyst III in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 09/08/2020
Youth Learning Coordinator in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 09/01/2020
Program Officer I
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/16/2020
Crisis Counselor Lead/Supervisor
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/14/2020
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/09/2020
Management Analyst III
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/08/2020
Youth Learning Coordinator
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/01/2020
Bilingual Admin Assistant
Tempe AZ :: Temporary :: 08/30/2020
Customer Service Representative
Salem NH :: Temporary :: 08/27/2020
Admin Support Assistant l
Mesa AZ :: Temporary :: 08/26/2020
Clumbia SC :: Temporary :: 08/18/2020
Columbia SC :: Temporary :: 06/19/2020