Job DescriptionFINISHER – Taylors, SC
Marathon is a growing workforce solutions provider with over twenty offices nationwide offering employees amazing flexibility in exploring new opportunities, learning new skills through on the job training, and peace of mind working with a team with over 30 years of experience. This company has openings for rotating 1st and 2nd shifts. New employees will be trained by knowledgeable supervisors on various machine operation tasks. If you are looking to get your foot in the door at a growing company that is serious about continuous improvement and developing its workforce, this may the opportunity you are seeking!
We offer weekly pay, direct deposit, employee discount program, access to health insurance coverage, and more. We also offer employee referral bonuses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the processing of paperboard, specifically in the rewinding, slitting, palletizing, banding, weighing and ticketing of the material.
• Responsible for handing any cleanup of “broke” paper generated in the manufacturing of paperboard process.
• Responsible for periodic environmental waste and debris cleanup of outside property in all weather conditions – as necessary
• Assist operating team as needed in duties and tasks
• Work around rotating equipment
• Work in various environments for temperature and cleanliness
• Responsible for responding to any machine malfunctioning that results in cleanup of lost production in the paper making operation.
• Operate an overhead crane.
• Operate various Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) equipment
• Must have basic English speaking, reading and comprehension skills
• Ability to comprehend, retain, and perform procedures from verbal and written instructions
• Ability to solve basic math problems, including ability to accurately read a measuring tape or
device to 1/16 inch increments
• Sound physical condition – ability to tolerate heat and humidity while performing manual labor and labor intensive activities that include bending, walking climbing, standing and cleaning
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.; push and pull a minimum of 100 lbs.
• Ability to efficiently multi-task
• Must be at least 18 years old
WORK SCHEDULE: Work - Four (4) days 12 hours shift; Two (2) days OFF
Work - Four (4) nights 12 hours shift; Two (2) days OFF – repeat
PAY RATE: $18.39 per hour
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration.
To apply online, visit us www.marathonstaffing.com/job-seekers and Apply Now using office code "SCSimp"!!or call (864) 881-4700 for more information!
Marathon Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact UsSimpsonville/Greenville Area
400 SE Main St, Suite B, Simpsonville, SC 29681
Fax Number: 864-881-4707
For more information about this position, email Barbara A Allen
View other jobs in:
Banquet Server in
Temporary :: Hospitality :: 09/16/2020
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 09/15/2020
Quality Inspector in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 09/03/2020
Production Finisher in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 08/31/2020
Crew 1 - 12hrs - Day in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 08/27/2020
Chandler AZ :: Temporary :: 09/17/2020
Assembly 1st and 2nd Shift
Thornton CA :: Temporary :: 09/17/2020
Cell Assembler - Priority 1
Salem NH :: Temporary :: 09/16/2020
Night Shift Chemical Operator
Wilmington MA :: Temporary :: 09/16/2020
Roslindale MA :: Temporary :: 09/16/2020
General Laborer/sleever / labele
Ayer MA :: Temporary :: 09/16/2020
Fountain Inn SC :: Temporary :: 09/15/2020
North Billerica MA :: Temporary :: 09/14/2020
Leominster MA :: Temporary :: 09/14/2020
Dallas TX :: Temporary :: 09/14/2020