Job DescriptionMarathon Staffing and a global leading lumber company NOW HIRING!!!
We are looking for a Production Manager, responsible for the management and coordination of a plant's manufacturing operations or multiple department operations consistent with cost, profit and productivity objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops production schedules for area of responsibility, coordinates activity with other areas and forecasts inventory requirements.
· Formulates long and short-range business plans and goals.
· Ensure that all plant assets in area of responsibility are properly managed and safeguarded.
· Staffs assigned operations to meet production levels consistent with cost objectives.
· Ensures that employees are properly trained.
· Supervises activities directly or through supervisors and lead operators.
· Coaches and develops subordinates, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
· Establishes work center/operation efficiency standards.
· Monitors performance to established efficiency and quality standards and initiates corrective action as required.
· Ensures performance reviews are conducted in accordance with policy in area of responsibility.
· Ensures that yard conditions and housekeeping conforms to Company standards in area of responsibility.
· Monitors expenses for area of responsibility and initiates corrective action as required.
· Analyzes production operations and workflow and develops improvement recommendations.
· Monitors output, cuts/yields and scrap to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiates corrective action as required within area of responsibility.
· Manages inventory in area of responsibility, ensures inventory is rotated in accordance with operational policy, and participates in month-end inventory.
· Ensures that machinery in area of operation is properly maintained.
· Orders supplies, initiates purchase orders, and approves timecards and incentives.
· Manages finished goods packaging as required.
· Prepares various reports and logs as required.
· Participates in the Safety Committee process and ensures that assigned operations are performed consistent with Company and OSHA policies, practices and procedures.
· Ensures that operations are performed with Federal, State and local laws and regulations, and Company policy and procedure.
· Prepares various reports as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
Skills and abilities
· Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
· Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
· Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple tasks, to set priorities, and to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and in developing subordinates.
· Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment.
· Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
· Ability to use a computer terminal, and proficiency of the use of MS Office and other business software
· Demonstrated skill in leading project and other people
· Demonstrated skill in improving processes
· Self-managing; works well under little supervision
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic
· Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
· Strong organization skills and detail oriented
· Be a team player and support the Company’s goals
· Conducts in a professional manner
Monday to Friday, the right candidate should have experience and be willing to learn.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Contact UsSalisbury NC
358 Woodmill Rd, Salisbury, NC 28147
For more information about this position, call Alejandra Jimison at 336-468-7641
View other jobs in:
Banquet Server in
Temporary :: Hospitality :: 09/16/2020
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 09/15/2020
Quality Inspector in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 09/03/2020
Production Finisher in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 08/31/2020
Crew 1 - 12hrs - Day in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 08/27/2020
Program Officer I
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/16/2020
Crisis Counselor Lead/Supervisor
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/14/2020
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/09/2020
Management Analyst III
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/08/2020
Youth Learning Coordinator
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 09/01/2020
Bilingual Admin Assistant
Tempe AZ :: Temporary :: 08/30/2020
Customer Service Representative
Salem NH :: Temporary :: 08/27/2020
Admin Support Assistant l
Mesa AZ :: Temporary :: 08/26/2020
Clumbia SC :: Temporary :: 08/18/2020
Columbia SC :: Temporary :: 06/19/2020