Youth Learning Coordinator
Job DescriptionStart work right away. This is an opportunity to work with a municipality developing and helping children learn and grow.
Under general supervision, plans, organizes and supervises youth program participants engaged in online, distance or blending learning; implements program goals and objectives; oversees assigned part-time and seasonal staff; and performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility. This is a full-time, temporary position ending December 31, 2020, however, may be extended depending if the Carson City School District continues virtual or hybrid learning models into 2021, and if budget allows. The schedule would follow the typical school day, Monday-Friday.
• Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for assigned facility, programs and activities.
• Ensures and enforces safety policies and practices.
• Plans, develops, implements, promotes and directs a broad recreational and educational program of activities and services centered on a community facility.
• Interviews, trains and supervises part-time staff on required activities/services.
• Assembles/disassembles room setups and equipment related to program activities.
• Schedules and coordinates facilities reservations and communicates with outside agencies.
• Oversees the receipt and recording of funds for facility and program participation.
• Prepares a variety of periodic and special reports related to associated recreation and educational programs and activities.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and makes recommendations for modifications as required.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
• Surveys the program area to determine recreation/educational needs and plans and implements programs to satisfy these needs.
• Uses a variety of standard office equipment in the performance of the work; drives a personal or City vehicle in the performance of the work.
• Promotes good relationships with the Carson City School District, program partners, community groups and other agencies.
• Maintains a variety of records; makes periodic and special reports of work performed.
• Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
• Ensures programs will provide a fun, safe, recreational and social environment for children of school age.
• Oversees and assists students while engaged in online programs and assignments.
• Provide support for participants routines, which are non-instructional in nature.
• Work with participants individually or in a small group to tutor, reinforce or follow-up on learning activities in accordance to established guidelines.
• Assists the instructional program by performing tasks such as: taking attendance, monitoring participants groups, and providing help to students with instructional materials provided by teachers or online systems.
• Assists teachers in maintaining discipline and encouraging acceptable behavior.
• Manages and monitors electronic equipment used for online/blended learning
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED; AND two (2) years of recreation and/or educational or community program planning and administration experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. -
SPECIAL NOTE: This position, along with other child care providers, are one of many groups of professionals required to report known or reasonable suspicion of abuse and/or neglect of children in their care and are considered mandated reporters as outlined in Nevada Revised Statutes.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Driver's License.
• *Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification.
• *CPR and First Aid certification.
• *Mandated Reporting: Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect.
*Or ability to obtain within the first 30 days of employment.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Principles and practices of recreation/educational program planning, development, implementation and administration.
• Community recreation/cultural facility management, including scheduling, maintenance and security.
• Principles, practices and methods of community recreation need assessments and program evaluation.
• Public recreation/cultural trends and community needs and resources.
• Rules, regulations and ordinances pertaining to recreation programs and facilities
• Computer applications related to the work.
• Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
• Basic budgetary practices and terminology.
• Knowledge of on-line computer systems.
• Knowledge of age appropriate recreation and educational activities.
• Developing and implementing program and project goals, objectives, procedures and work standards.
• Planning, organizing and implementing multi-faceted recreation and/or educational programs and activities.
• Exercising sound independent judgment within general procedural guidelines.
• Preparing clear, concise and complete reports, correspondence and other written materials.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
• Ability to troubleshoot computer and network hardware and software malfunctions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical recreation/education setting, use standard office equipment and frequent sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, and repetitive fine motor activities. Lifting up to 25 pounds. Hearing and speech to communicate in person, via video conference and computers, or over the telephone. Stamina to remain seated and to maintain concentration for an extended period. Vision: Frequent near acuity, occasional far acuity, and color vision. Vision to read printed 5 materials and online, a Video Display Terminal (VDT) screen, and other monitoring devices. Work is subject to performance with exposure to inclement weather conditions.
Marathon Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact UsCarson City/Reno
769 Basque Way, Suite 100, Carson City, NV 89706
Fax Number: 775-200-0929
For more information about this position, email Paul C Lenning
View other jobs in:
General Labor in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 08/04/2020
Traffic Directional (LV) in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 08/03/2020
Youth Learning Coordinator in
Temporary :: Clerical :: 07/28/2020
Accounting Assistant II in
Temporary :: Accounting :: 07/24/2020
Park Maintenance in
Temporary :: Light Industrial :: 06/24/2020
Corning CA :: Temporary :: 08/04/2020
Youth Learning Coordinator
Carson City NV :: Temporary :: 07/28/2020
Admin Support Assistant l
Mesa AZ :: Temporary :: 06/29/2020
Columbia SC :: Temporary :: 06/19/2020
Marlborough MA :: Temporary :: 04/23/2020
Columbia SC :: Temporary :: 05/15/2019