2nd and 3rd Shift, Electrician
Job DescriptionMarathon Staffing is seeking reliable candidates for 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift, temp-to-hire, INDUSTRIAL Electrician position available in Lynchburg, VA!!
Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures without supervision.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT NO LIMITED TO:
• Ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
• Installs and services high-bay lights, communication cables, and electrical control systems.
• Assembles, installs, tests, and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Assists in the removal and replacement of all motors.
• Is familiar with and able to follow manuals for variable speed drives, programmable controllers, panel views, robots, and other electronic devices.
• Teaches robot positions as needed for production.
• Uses PLC programming software to troubleshoot equipment operated by PLC’s.
• Understands ladder logic.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown, and corrects the problem.
• Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, and other components.
• Effectively troubleshoots AC motors, DC motors, wound rotor motors, and fractional horsepower motors.
• Performs electrical maintenance on cranes, ( including brake adjustments and inspections), air compressors, and 480V power distribution circuits.
• Operates man-lift and fork tucks as required.
• Effectively troubleshoots the electrical, heating, and air conditioning units and changes filters in air handling equipment.
• Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repairs, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and meggers to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
• Installs conduit and wiring according to the NEC.
• Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Prepares sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including meggers, ammeters, and test lamps.
• Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
• Changes thermocouples on oven and Escher system.
• Adjusts and aligns Ircons as needed.
REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must have High School diploma or GED
• 3 Years of electrical work experience or completion of curriculum of an accredited electronics program
• Must be completely versed in blueprint readings and be able to interpret and work from service manuals, schematic drawings or diagrams with all related symbols
• Must have initiative to proceed on own with minimum of supervision
• Must be developing electrical knowledge to keep abreast of the latest electrical techniques
• Must be safety conscious at all times
• Experience with Hydraulic systems a PLUS!!!
• Journeyman’s License for Electricians, a must!
• Must pass a background check and drug test
2nd Shift start is from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM / 3rd Shift start is from 9:00 PM to 11:00PM. Shifts will last (9) hours with breaks. Overtime may be requested or required.
Pay range is $22 - $25 per hour; however, large increase upon full time hire!!!
Interested candidates should forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!! To apply online, visit us at http://www.mwebconcepts.com/seekers/application.go?app_office_id=70 and register!!
Marathon Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View other jobs in:
2nd and 3rd Shift, Electrician in
Temporary :: Trades Person :: 06/10/2020
Industrial Mechanic in
Temporary :: Trades Person :: 06/10/2020